Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Deck Building Help for a rejoined player
(12-07-2017, 12:10 AM)attanond Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 08:58 PM)Fauxy Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 08:38 PM)attanond Wrote: I think I'll save my diamonds up to gamble for black platinum. Pretty sure I should be able to at least get some of the meta leaders even if I don't get any black cards at that time Sad 
Also, are the black cards as rare as Daji Fox Queen? (she was the rarest back in the days lol, dunno about now)

Yeah the problem I see with running Copper with Novalis is the problem with limited Dark rune dragon converter in my cards list.
If Babylon gets upgrade that would be perfect but I highly doubt they will. Seems my best bet for now is hope for another Odin SM to come so I can VR my Odin?

Thinking of running VR Thor - VR Odin, Minamoto, Genie, Nathaniel - VR Thor or something (since they're mostly upgraded) while leveling up my dragon cards.

Daji is still rare. I think it's like a .1% chance to draw her from the regular pool. She's just not as useful anymore, really only fits as a member in elf team now, other cards with similar skills to her have been released so she's no longer especially unique. Sad I know, but maybe the series will get something at CNY, there was a little bit of a teamskill with one of the black cards last year, they might do a better version or a "boss" type card for them like Odin or Anu. But that's all just speculation.

Black cards are not actually as difficult to draw I think. People get at least one in 30 normal draws on average, and the Ancient Coin pool is limited so there's a much higher chance of getting them.

You can farm the Dark Defensive Dragon from Lost Relic. Once PR'd they become fast converters with a similar skill to the BIGBANG collab cards. Sunnie and Masamune are better, but they'll suffice for biweekly and farming at least. Copper - Novalis - Ursula - Mortonyx - Mortonyx + Copper?

Do whatever you gotta do. I ran Liu Bei (Earth 2x, Heart and Water=50% Earth) for a long time when I was starting out, and he's terrible. My other teams did not get much better. Luckily, I drew a black card at some point, though I never expected to, and now I try to force my way through every stage using her. JK.

Oh, speaking of Lost Relic. The newborn elves (egg elves, sprites, however you know them by) got PR in the last patch and they're actually pretty solid leaders, the team variants that can do SMs requires them to ally with Khaos and also have some pretty specific members, but even on their own they're okay if you have nothing better. They're also available for farming through LR.

Seems my best bet is to pray for a black card, and it's good to know they're not as crazy rare as Daji. I still remember back in the days when Daji was the rarest and most wanted things xD.

About the dragons, I'm actually surprised that the defensive dragons got PR, which is pretty cool, seems like Copper deck is a good way to go! Thanks a lot!

About the elves, 2 years ago I would laugh if you say elves are viable, but damn, this game has come far. I have all the newborn elves, and I'll do some more research on it.
When you say Khaos, you mean the Lord of all Gods - Khaos, or the Child of Khaos - Nyx?

Just to expand on what Fauxy said, for black cards I'm pretty sure there's a sort of pity mechanism wherein your chances of drawing one are greatly increased after a certain threshold (30 draws in this case). I've drawn both black cards i own within 150 diamonds on the two separate events. It's a 100% rate for me so far since i've only been active on 2 black card events as i was on hiatus before just like you, so i'm taking that chance again for this upcoming event. 

And yes, elves are pretty strong now as they had an entire separate seal dedicated to reviving them, same as what this one is attempting to do for dragons. 

There's been massive power creeps since the time you were away, SM stages now have normal mobs with HP exceeding 2 million, mini- bosses with 10, some even 20, and the boss can have up to 100 million HP (such as the Khaos SM in question) with extremely annoying skills so it's probably better for you to steer clear of the newer SM stages for now until you have a meta team ready. 

Main Ally: Atlantis
Allies available upon request (All/Dual max): Maya, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, PR Yvette & Yidhra, VR Jackie, VR Elizabeth, VR Jack, VR Loki, Izanagi, Hideyoshi, Uncle Tuu, Chessia, Abraham, PR Aloha, Haza, PR Randeng/Dipankara

Looking for: More friends!! Will accept anyone with the above cards
ID: 21218485
I don't think it's smart to get people's hopes up too much on black cards lol. One of my guildmates burned 150 dimes on Atlantis draw and didn't even get one of the older black cards. It's all just luck, but if you keep trying, the luck will eventually fall in your favor.

UID: 86478773
Adjutant Rotation: Maya, Ophiuchus, Rose.

On Request:
All Max: Erebus, Chessia, Amaterasu, Aloha, Wukong, Shuta, Yidhra, Jackie, Jack.
Nonmax: Barbara, Aether, Khaos, Mai.

LF: A good time. Wink
(12-07-2017, 12:52 AM)Fauxy Wrote: I don't think it's smart to get people's hopes up too much on black cards lol. One of my guildmates burned 150 dimes on Atlantis draw and didn't even get one of the older black cards. It's all just luck, but if you keep trying, the luck will eventually fall in your favor.

But did he get Atlantis, i think the 'system' or whatever you wanna call it only applies to the current black card, no? I also didn't get any other black card besides Atlantis this time around. What i did get from the ancient coin seal were five dupes (I don't even have that many cards) and god bless Amaterasu for coming out at the end. 

Allies available upon request (All/Dual max): Maya, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, PR Yvette & Yidhra, VR Jackie, VR Elizabeth, VR Jack, VR Loki, Izanagi, Hideyoshi, Uncle Tuu, Chessia, Abraham, PR Aloha, Haza, PR Randeng/Dipankara

(12-07-2017, 01:04 AM)put1572 Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 12:52 AM)Fauxy Wrote: I don't think it's smart to get people's hopes up too much on black cards lol. One of my guildmates burned 150 dimes on Atlantis draw and didn't even get one of the older black cards. It's all just luck, but if you keep trying, the luck will eventually fall in your favor.

But did he get Atlantis, i think the 'system' or whatever you wanna call it only applies to the current black card, no? I also didn't get any other black card besides Atlantis this time around. What i did get from the ancient coin seal were five dupes (I don't even have that many cards) and god bless Amaterasu for coming out at the end. 

No he didn't, he didn't get any black cards. Real bad luck on his part. I mean, me neither, but I only spent 50 and a few stored ancients. I dunno that that pity system is true, but I do agree that there are a lot of Atlantis and Maya mains waltzing about the leaderboards, so something must be up to make black cards easier than Chinese gods.

On Request:
All Max: Erebus, Chessia, Amaterasu, Aloha, Wukong, Shuta, Yidhra, Jackie, Jack.

(12-07-2017, 01:18 AM)Fauxy Wrote: No he didn't, he didn't get any black cards. Real bad luck on his part. I mean, me neither, but I only spent 50 and a few stored ancients. I dunno that that pity system is true, but I do agree that there are a lot of Atlantis and Maya mains waltzing about the leaderboards, so something must be up to make black cards easier than Chinese gods.

Hmm, yeah, that's really unlucky, but at least there's enough data from black card draws to formulate an average, right? I'll be betting on that average since it's worked in my favor so far, that's not to say that OP or anyone else should follow suit though cuz' it's probably not a good idea to go all in and end up disappointed when it doesn't go your way. Just sharing a personal experience, that's all. 

I've been watching some draw videos too, and they seem to either get black cards earlier or within 150 diamonds. But damn, to save up 150 diamonds, that's gonna be a tough one.

As for power creep, I hope Odin SM comes back soon so I can VR my Odin Sad
(12-07-2017, 01:51 AM)attanond Wrote: I've been watching some draw videos too, and they seem to either get black cards earlier or within 150 diamonds. But damn, to save up 150 diamonds, that's gonna be a tough one.

As for power creep, I hope Odin SM comes back soon so I can VR my Odin Sad

Yup, for pure f2p players it's a tall order. I, myself, am a light p2p as in I only buy the monthly gift pack as i feel it's a pretty good deal and i don't mind spending a bit cuz' this is the only game i play, mobile or otherwise. But, even with the extra dimes it still hurts everytime i draw, i can't imagine the frustration for f2p players splurging and not getting what they want.

The arena is accessible to all players though, it's basically free dimes and more stuff every week. You should definitely read up on it if you don't already know about it. I'll just drop a link here: http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Thread-Guide-A-Full-Guide-and-Explanation-to-the-Arena-ToS-Version-13-Update

Madhead gives out a lot of dimes these days though. 13-15 a week if you count arena. 150 isn't so unreasonable with that in mind, on top of dimes from new stages which are always coming out, and dimes from 12 star achievements in biweekly.

On Request:

Thanks a lot guys! I'll read up the arena.
And I'm not fully f2p Tongue but I'd say I'm semi-f2p, only buying 6 diamonds for special draw, but the monthly pack is attracting me right now. Thinking of buying it.

I think 12 star achievement will be very difficult for me though due to all the power creep Sad
[Image: 263cb8da.jpg]
My Main Team
Available Allies: WuKong AM4 (main), PR Thor (All Max), Poseidon and many more
Dimes are usually in 9 star achievements. 12 star for dimes are very uncommon nowadays.