Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on general direction to take
Hello, I recently started playing (exactly 7 days) and I'm a little lost since I only just found this forum. After looking around I'm a little lost, so I'd like to ask some questions.

What are the advantages of mono decks? I mean if there are no runes for your particular element, then u don't get to attack that turn right?

My current cards are:
Young Idun (I like her leaderskill, especially when I evolve her later, was especially happy when I got Idun from her quest)
Sorceress Molly
Cthugha the flared demon
Medusa
Kid Baphomet
Decapator

I'm currently a little lost as to what direction I should be taking... A beast deck? Dragon deck? Valkyrie deck? I have no idea what is what and their pros and cons @[email protected]

You may try to draw from friendship seal (Free draw) to get decent cards to begin playing with.

Put your ally hero as young idun, if you manage to draw heroes such as GS light or Dark, use them as you main ally hero and start building your beast deck.

When you're playing low seal, with low level and life, having idun is ideal because her ability is rather useful. But diminished at higher seal level because her heal cannot match up with the damage being dealt

Right now, you might have to make do with your current cards, until you draw some good cards from friendship seal, and there are certain cards you can farm from.

Such as *Paladin, Fate sister (Idun, etc)
Human cards such as molly can be drawn from friendship seal

Certain cards, such as during event may be farmable from the monster, like the current even
Fiend water may be farmed from the event.

Different difficulties will give u different rate of dropping.

NOT ALL CARDS are farmable. You may see them appearing as boss, but they might not drop. EVER.

Advantages for mono deck are dealing ridiculous damage for certain stages.
Easy to operate (focus on 1 type of color and try to get rid of the rest as much as you can)

The skills will compliment each other if you have the right cards.

Disadvantages include running out of rune, limiting your attack to the avilable cards. HARD to get a mono deck, you need to draw these cards from diamond. Hence, it's hard to form, usually resulting you to spend money to get the cards you want.

Anyway... you can read up alot from this forum.

Cheers

From ur list of cards i rather suggest a serious reroll, cause none of ur card atm can be use effectively in farming or questing.
reroll aim for:
Earth Pala 5stars
Great schema of dark/light/bull king
Fox of course
Or greek god leader (this one is tough though)

Thank you very much for the replies.
Before I read this, I managed to get a Great Schema of Fire and Great Schema of Water. But I guess even they aren't that good... Since this account is linked to my facebook, I'll try rerolling for now as per mentioned by Alopex.

Thank you so much for all that information Newbiesg =)
I think I know which direction I wanna take now XD
For what its worth I do think you have some good cards in your deck.

I would advise you to think carefully before you reroll.

You have some rare cards that can only be gained from Diamond Seals, Cathunga, Medusa and Babhomet are all diamond seal only. People have drawn silver after silver cards comparatively what you've got is actually quite good.

Now that you have fire and water schema means that you are halfway to getting a Beast deck or a dragon deck going.

Honestly I don't see a point for rerolling at all.

You also have Idun one of the best starter cards that can take you up to fourth seal at least. Idun has been used to complete the game (5th seal) with Wukong ally in the past.
@Eardrum

Oh? Well I don't actually lose the account since its linked to my facebook. I'm still playing the game while rerolling when I'm not doing anything hoping to get fox. I also don't spend money on diamonds.

Currently my cards are:
Great Schema of Water
Sorceress Molly
Memory Keeper Urd
Crystaluxe Golem
Great Schema of Fire
Cthugha the Flared Demon
Flamer
Medusa
Light Stavrophone
Young Idun
Kid Baphomet
Decapator

What would you recommend? I just cleared 3rd seal so I don't have mats to evolve most of my monsters yet...
(06-02-2013, 08:03 PM)Plasism Wrote: @Eardrum

Oh? Well I don't actually lose the account since its linked to my facebook. I'm still playing the game while rerolling when I'm not doing anything hoping to get fox. I also don't spend money on diamonds.

Currently my cards are:
Great Schema of Water
Sorceress Molly
Memory Keeper Urd
Crystaluxe Golem
Great Schema of Fire
Cthugha the Flared Demon
Flamer
Medusa
Light Stavrophone
Young Idun
Kid Baphomet
Decapator

What would you recommend? I just cleared 3rd seal so I don't have mats to evolve most of my monsters yet...

Seal 3 to seal 4 is a big jump for most players. You may find that it gets harder. up to Seal 3 you can basically use any deck and card almost.
Seal 4 onwards is where players need to have synergies in their decks.
Also majority of your deck needs to be 5 stars at least. at least 4 out of 6 cards to do Tier 4 well.

So really this is a time for farming and leveling your cards.
There's are a few options to go about this with the deck you've got. Again, this will all take time as you are not a diamond player. So patience is the key:

1st suggestion Dragon deck
You have 4 dragons. So it makes sense to try this first.
Cathunga as Leader and another 5* ethereal dragon as ally. If you do this it means all your dragons will have 400% damage boast and about 1500 bonus RCR.

Decapatator, Water Schema and Flamer as followers Need to upgrade these, need exps and mats. So it will take time.
Try to farm another dragon in the mean time.

2nd Suggestion is beast deck.
You have quite a few beast cards. Once you upgrade your Light Schema to 5 stars you basically have the makings of a beast deck. use Light as leader and pair with another 250% ally to get 6.25 beast fury deck.
Will do, thank you very much for all the advice. This cleared alot of doubts for me XD

Guess I'd better start farming for soulstones... oh boy...
You don't necessarily have to farm for soulstones to level up your cards. Check out the Sacrifice Table here: http://www.towerofsaviorsforum.com/Thread-Sacrifice-EXP-table

Basically, level up Elves/Witches with your Wolves/Gnomes/Salamanders - then level up Witches with Elves (if you have extra), then level up your team with the Witches. You get a significantly larger bang for your buck this way when leveling.
Allies: I use All Max Poppy/All Max PR Wukong
Looking for: PR Daji
Feel free to add me if you need my allies, or can provide your ally - code is 6111817.
Okay, it has been a week and thanks to your advice Eardrum, I have been clearing the 4th seal stages with minimal difficulty. I've been farming up materials for evolution recently too.

The dragon deck you recommended tore through most of the seals with Cthugha leader + ally (400% dmg + 300 rcv), and bosses that normally survived the initial attack I just froze them with Medusa (increasing my fire damage from both Cthughas and Flamer) since I didn't have a 5th dragon until the dragon nest.

My beast deck on the other hand felt... less powerful... Is that normal? It might be due to levels, but my dragon team practically killed everything in 1 shot as long as there are fire runes. Whereas my beast deck feels more... balanced so to speak. Not to mention my dragon team has more recovery.

Still on 4th seal since I was focused on farming evolution materials. Since I'm currently limited by team cost, I can't evolve my cards furthur anytime soon, so at the moment I'm farming witches from hall of wizardry + soulstones.

Currently my 2 teams are:

Beast 39/39:
Great Schema of Light (Leader)
Dreadful Cthulhu (Was very lucky to draw this...)
Great Schema of Fire
Medusa (Can't evolve yet, not enough team cost to maintain her)
Baphomet

GSL/GSD (Ally)

Dragon 38/39:
Cthugha the Flared Demon (Leader)
Great Schema of Water
Metablaze
Crystalgon (Recently added from the Dragon Nest)
Decapator

Cthugha the Flared Demon (Ally)

Extra:
Sorceress Molly
Memory Keep Urd
Crystaluxe Golem
Metal Fire Golem
Harpy
Eternal Granter Idun
Metallic Wolf
Decapa

Before I move on, I'm told I should focus on only 1 deck, so which deck should I use? People seem to prefer Beast deck since I keep seeing people everywhere talking about it, but my dragon deck feels like it does more damage (I guess it might be due to 3 fire dragons attacking at the same time).
Also if I can improve any of the decks, please do tell =)
Thanks for all the advice so far XD

Also, I've been wondering. Some people said you need 2 decks later? Why is that?
Also, why are beast decks 6.25?