Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice for special seal
still deciding btwn izanagi or andromeda... recently got vr xi so cornflower is out of the picture...
is izanagi falling off?? cuz his multiplier is only a *16 iirc and thats super low compared to tdy's meta standards and his active is kinda good ?????? but im not sure cuz andromeda might be of more value cuz she's a booster and those dont rly get powercreeped????? any thoughts? thxx

For the All Max? Hm. You know nothing's really changed about Izanagi. He can still do Khaos. Can probably manage a lot of new SMs if you have the optimal setup. Maybe not the latest transmig though. One of the Chinese youtubers did writeups of the new Ro3K2 rares and talked about how Xiaohou Dun is inferior to Izanagi. He's just kind of overshadowed. The only other Earth mono leader to have come out since him is VR Athena and she doesn't necessarily phase him out. So he has his niche, nothing's changed that. His multiplier is looking low because he doesn't have a burst condition like most other cards (Amaterasu set the standard multiplier at 4.5*4.5 with a burst condition, no other leader has topped her since), so he is beginning to need and not just want Circe and Rakshasa in his team, but that's not so different from Loki needing Anubis. It's difficult to say, but if you looked through the All Max guides and you're at the junction where he's your best pick, then why not?

I dunno that Andromeda is worth getting for All Max. She's kind of a replacement for Cassandra, who is a really difficult card to use, but also Andromeda can be a really difficult card to use depending on the team. I'd need to see your inventory and question why you haven't considered other options before I could recommend taking her.

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Heph and Yog in particular, no more Azathoths pls.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
Why's Cornflower out? If we put aside the fact that he's just another water leader competing for a spot with your VR Xi, he's one of the best possible members for Rose and Sakura, which is IMO where his true value is shown, so if you enjoy playing those teams as much as I do there's no reason to not consider him. Let's look at his active skill objectively shall we:
  • 3-in-1 board explode, combo boost and damage boost. This deals with several annoying enemy skills like masked/marked board, cross-weathered runes, electrified runes and, most notably, anti initial enemy attribute dissolve. Any one of those (or combination of those) board hazards can be alleviated with cornflower's active.
  • Preserves hearts. Now when you use Cornflower as a leader, his active may explode away your attacking runes, which is a problem, but it always keeps hearts and as hearts = attack runes for Rose and Sakura that's one more reason to include him in your team.
  • Last but not least, when activating his skill it takes up two buff slots on the left, this allows you to manually wash away enemy debuffs easier. Marchosias is the only elf member with a purification skill and since he's not available, this is your next best option and one a lot of people tend to look over. We've seen how skills which affects your rune movement hinders rose and we've seen how 0 recovery cripples Sakura's damage so the ability to use less members' actives whilst attempting to remove these debuffs is another plus point for Cornflower.  
So yeah, if any one of the elves are your cup of tea, Cornflower is a very valid choice, and, mind you, elves are pretty meta right now.

As for Izanagi yes his multiplier is only 16x but that's not taking into account that you have two attacking runes with at least one set of each that is always available, so it's more like 36x when you factor that in. Still not much, but it doesn't take away his value as one of the best pseudo-grind team leaders out there, especially with members like Nidhogg and Matryoshka which make it all the more stable. Also, if you have Rakshasa Izanagi is one of the best leaders for her, second only to Athena.  

Andromeda is a good member but it's sometimes not possible to keep up the active or use it to it's full potential depending on who you're leading with. With Xi, water runes may flood the board and you might not be able to fulfill the 3+ attribute condition to keep her active going. Free-form dissolve teams like Pontos and Sakura can probably make good use of her but with Sakura you have the choice of so many enchantresses, which is one of the reasons you don't see Andromeda much nowadays. Pair her with Cassandra and she goes pew pew, but, If you're asking me to pick between Izanagi and Andro, I'd go Izanagi, likewise for Cornflower vs Andro but that's just me. 

PR: FD Primal, FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: WFEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

ID: 21218485
(02-20-2018, 10:21 PM)put1572 Wrote: Why's Cornflower out? If we put aside the fact that he's just another water leader competing for a spot with your VR Xi, he's one of the best possible members for Rose and Sakura, which is IMO where his true value is shown, so if you enjoy playing those teams as much as I do there's no reason to not consider him. Let's look at his active skill objectively shall we:
  • 3-in-1 board explode, combo boost and damage boost. This deals with several annoying enemy skills like masked/marked board, cross-weathered runes, electrified runes and, most notably, anti initial enemy attribute dissolve. Any one of those (or combination of those) board hazards can be alleviated with cornflower's active.
  • Preserves hearts. Now when you use Cornflower as a leader, his active may explode away your attacking runes, which is a problem, but it always keeps hearts and as hearts = attack runes for Rose and Sakura that's one more reason to include him in your team.
  • Last but not least, when activating his skill it takes up two buff slots on the left, this allows you to manually wash away enemy debuffs easier. Marchosias is the only elf member with a purification skill and since he's not available, this is your next best option and one a lot of people tend to look over. We've seen how skills which affects your rune movement hinders rose and we've seen how 0 recovery cripples Sakura's damage so the ability to use less members' actives whilst attempting to remove these debuffs is another plus point for Cornflower.  
So yeah, if any one of the elves are your cup of tea, Cornflower is a very valid choice, and, mind you, elves are pretty meta right now.

As for Izanagi yes his multiplier is only 16x but that's not taking into account that you have two attacking runes with at least one set of each that is always available, so it's more like 36x when you factor that in. Still not much, but it doesn't take away his value as one of the best pseudo-grind team leaders out there, especially with members like Nidhogg and Matryoshka which make it all the more stable. Also, if you have Rakshasa Izanagi is one of the best leaders for her, second only to Athena.  

Andromeda is a good member but it's sometimes not possible to keep up the active or use it to it's full potential depending on who you're leading with. With Xi, water runes may flood the board and you might not be able to fulfill the 3+ attribute condition to keep her active going. Free-form dissolve teams like Pontos and Sakura can probably make good use of her but with Sakura you have the choice of so many enchantresses, which is one of the reasons you don't see Andromeda much nowadays. Pair her with Cassandra and she goes pew pew, but, If you're asking me to pick between Izanagi and Andro, I'd go Izanagi, likewise for Cornflower vs Andro but that's just me. 

I completely overlooked cf's active haha... By the way u put things its down to cf vs izanagi gahh i do have both sakura and rose so i guess another elf leader isnt rly that attractive to me when compared to izanagi who is basically required for earth grind (hes more niche than cf in a way??) but i guess its down to a personal preference cuz they both have completely different styles of gameplay but thanks for the advice its really really insightful Smile) (really wish i had two choices gahhhhhhh) (and watch me draw whoever i chose immediately after i claimed the rewards =.=)

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk
(02-20-2018, 10:08 PM)Fauxy Wrote: For the All Max? Hm. You know nothing's really changed about Izanagi. He can still do Khaos. Can probably manage a lot of new SMs if you have the optimal setup. Maybe not the latest transmig though. One of the Chinese youtubers did writeups of the new Ro3K2 rares and talked about how Xiaohou Dun is inferior to Izanagi. He's just kind of overshadowed. The only other Earth mono leader to have come out since him is VR Athena and she doesn't necessarily phase him out. So he has his niche, nothing's changed that. His multiplier is looking low because he doesn't have a burst condition like most other cards (Amaterasu set the standard multiplier at 4.5*4.5 with a burst condition, no other leader has topped her since), so he is beginning to need and not just want Circe and Rakshasa in his team, but that's not so different from Loki needing Anubis. It's difficult to say, but if you looked through the All Max guides and you're at the junction where he's your best pick, then why not?

I dunno that Andromeda is worth getting for All Max. She's kind of a replacement for Cassandra, who is a really difficult card to use, but also Andromeda can be a really difficult card to use depending on the team. I'd need to see your inventory and question why you haven't considered other options before I could recommend taking her.

Maybe izanagis just a card u need to play w to understand his power cuz he really looks lacklustre on the surface haha but thanks for the insight (:: its clear andromeda aint that good a choice... XD

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk