Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Years of TOS - Our thoughts and expectations
I started playing 31st March 2015, I remember playing the ds/3ds Shin Megami Tensei games (IV, Devil Survivor, Strange Journey) and was looking for something similar for my phone, searching I found TOS recommended, gave it a try and loved it ever since.
My first draw was Elizabeth but I never used her until she for vr, I wasn't good at teambuilding I was using Kukhulkhan as leader with defensive dragons and Verdandi and a Dumuzi team that was little bit better. These teams got me through to the other side of the tower and stuck at the palaces around September of that year where I posted in the forum and got help to make a decent team (special thanks to deathexe for the patience and advice).

I think I have not missed any day of login which goes to show how much I like the game.
I tried a few other mobile games including puzzles and dragons but none catch me as much as TOS, although I log every now and then in pad to get the login rewards I was burn out by how fast that game changes, monsters are added and the power creeps which MH managed to avoid with TOS.

(02-01-2018, 05:50 PM)Fauxy Wrote: My first card was Artemis, I rerolled a few times because I read Joaqs' guide and stopped when I got her. Unfortunately, even then the guide was getting to be outdated. Greeks were not so good and I pretty quickly realized that she was not going to get me much of anywhere.

Sorry about that

Enviado desde mi BLL-L23 mediante Tapatalk

ID: 79230079

Available allies: pr Idun, all max pr Verthandi, ame IV Lu Cheng-Syuan, Dumuzi, Atrahasis.
I have the BIGBANG collab to thank for this game hehe. More collabs with big acts like Disney and other artists pls

[Image: kkkeFG7.png]
ID: 67339257
I had wanted to start another thread to talk about malaise but it’s been 5 years, don’t you guys get in a rut some times?
I’ve done all of the game’s current content (the Void of the Realm stages were probably some of the most fun in recent times).
I just checked, created 22 Mar 2013. And I don’t think I’ve missed a single login day since.

The pace of new series and changes being released seems way too fast these days.
I used to try to finish my stam per day but I’m slowing down in past months; just look towards burning it off on the 50 per run biweekly elites.
Ironically I am sad when I get a lucky-up because that means I need to use the stamina in other ways.
Everything seems like a ‘check-the-checklist’ repetitive chore now; confirm sign-in, guild mish, slot machine, arena.
A lot of my in-game friends have dropped out or turned super casual (usually the latter is a pre-cursor to the former, why did you leave us Shue?).
How do you keep going?

-pink dreamery-
(02-02-2018, 12:07 PM)eapeia Wrote: I had wanted to start another thread to talk about malaise but it’s been 5 years, don’t you guys get in a rut some times?
I’ve done all of the game’s current content (the Void of the Realm stages were probably some of the most fun in recent times).
I just checked, created 22 Mar 2013. And I don’t think I’ve missed a single login day since.

The pace of new series and changes being released seems way too fast these days.
I used to try to finish my stam per day but I’m slowing down in past months; just look towards burning it off on the 50 per run biweekly elites.
Ironically I am sad when I get a lucky-up because that means I need to use the stamina in other ways.
Everything seems like a ‘check-the-checklist’ repetitive chore now; confirm sign-in, guild mish, slot machine, arena.
A lot of my in-game friends have dropped out or turned super casual (usually the latter is a pre-cursor to the former, why did you leave us Shue?).
How do you keep going?

Absolutely understandable that you'd feel that way, especially since you've been logging in rigorously since, well, forever. I don't get that right now because I've had several breaks in between, amounting to around two years of being away, so the flame is still going strong. But, it really is disheartening to see your friends leave one by one, I should know since I've lost all my RL friends who introduced me to the game in the first place. Back then I was just kind of going with the flow - they quit, I quit, that kind of thing. Yet I somehow found my way back and now I actually don't mind playing "alone", besides we still have the guild (just wish more of us would engage in conversations though). This is going to sound over dramatic, but no other phone game has made me keep wanting more like this one. Perhaps it's sunk-cost, I don't know. 

I agree that new content is being pushed out way too fast and that current events are kind of rinse and repeat (why did they remove multiplayer before I even got the chance to play?), but I still feel this game still has a lot of replay value. For one, I find solace knowing that if a stage isn't too difficult or requires very specific cards, a variety of teams and strategies can be used. Some people find joy when they see their name high up on the leaderboard, some completing difficult stages using subpar setups. Just gotta find what makes you click, you know? I guess it's these little things that keeps old-timers from quitting.
PR: FD Primal, FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: WFEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

ID: 21218485
(02-01-2018, 08:06 PM)Dominus Wrote: I've been playing ToS for 1,736 days, and I missed a few days login over that time, maybe 10 or 15, so I'd say I've been playing since within a few months of it being launched. I'm one of the old guard, and I'm also quite happy to admit that doesn't make me a veteran or an expert - I'm actually pretty hopeless at the game. I've never cleared a Transmigration, haven't beaten the 9th seal, have had to diamond-cheese my way past most of the tough SM/NM battles, and some I just plain sit out because I know I have no hope with my limited skills...

Oh My god, We are like brother!!

I have similar login day ... my ID only 7 digit start with 2,xxx,xxx
So when ppl add me .. it was like "Hello old man from the past"!! T_T

Been through many generation of guild member.
Merge guild with my guild
Merge my guild with others
enjoy the game so much so far ....

I want to see more benefit to new player that help attract new player and increase survival rate of new player.
It will bring the game come to life again.  
I want a collaborative with fate stay night.
(02-02-2018, 03:33 PM)jason3000 Wrote: I want a collaborative with fate stay night.

I want a Type Moon collab, but I can't see that happening with FGO already existing. D:
[Image: mrvUKKA.png]
Also available (AM): All VR Greek, KOF Kyo/Mai/Iori, LDB
UID: 22963116
With recent addition machina race, mech anime or game colaboration is just a matter of time.
Banpresto X Tos.
(02-02-2018, 04:11 PM)Sayokyoku Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 03:33 PM)jason3000 Wrote: I want a collaborative with fate stay night.

I want a Type Moon collab, but I can't see that happening with FGO already existing. D:

Love the Fate franchise to bits. Hyped as hell for the new Last Encore anime.
PR: FD Primal, FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: WFEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

ID: 21218485
(02-02-2018, 08:24 PM)put1572 Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 04:11 PM)Sayokyoku Wrote:

Love the Fate franchise to bits. Hyped as hell for the new Last Encore anime.

Last Encore is giving me hope of something better than Apocrypha (trying hard to not turn this into an anime thread)
Regarding fate, it seems like a decent collab, but they have so many characters that ToS already have as well (arthur, diarmuid, medea, medusa, aquiles, lancelot, siegfried, gilgamesh and Jack from the anime and probably many more from FATE GO), but DAMN IT I would pay to have an Iskandar even if he would have a CD20 Team Attack x0.1.

The problem with an anime collab is that if what we get is not that appealing for everyone (even if objectively it turns out as a well done collaboration) some people could end up saying "why didnt we get a *mainstreamanimename* collab instead?" or maybe its only me worrying too much about it.

Another idea that have come to me a lot is: Why we have a Greek Zodiac series + story stages but we dont have Chinese Zodiac? I dont know guys, but for me Chinese Zodiac is a bit more interesting than Greek's.
IGN: Desrt, ID:  70339822

I dont have VR Apollo, Atlantis, Anubis, Sakura or PR Phanes. For almost all else add me.