Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Years of TOS - Our thoughts and expectations
So our dear Tower of Saviors is 5 years old now, which is a lot for a mobile game, and although most of us have not been on the game for all that time we have given ToS our precious time and efforts for a long while. 

Im actually kinda surprised no made a thread like this, but i really wanted to share all those thoughts I've had through out my ToS playtime and yours too, as well as what you think or wish might come on the future or what you dont want to come at all.

In my case, I've been playing since April 2014, ToS was already a year old by then, the game was introduced to me by someone that i never met again and whose name i dont even know. Being from Costa Rica i sometime think it was some kind of angel who appeared only to show me a game thats not even slightly known on latin america.

Through out this time there's been a lot of think I've loved about this game; like the hype when Giemsa came for the first time, or when the first nightmare stage came. I couldnt clear none of those at their time, but just the community hype was something fun.
Having developers really invested on keeping the game fresh is what i think is the best from ToS, i see lots of people complaining about new content for all kinds of reasons; like its too much content, not liking the art, "i didnt get the rare card i wanted fuck mh", the game is too hard now or not liking a new event or game mode, but if I can say it, those are salty kids that probably suck at dota2 or league of legends and cant do shit. Its actually something rare, not only on mobile game but console/pc as well, to have a game throwing and throwing new content for such a long time, so thats what i appreciate more of the game.
What i like the least is not having something useful to do with my dupes, i know trading with other players is something that would never happen, but we could trade our dupes ingame for goodies, like dimes, stamina refills, 1 free seal draw, or just more than 50 miserable souls. Also i dont like how lame it is to collect feeders for new cards.

For the future of tos i would love to have more multi attribute teams and multi race teams. Currently we only have our RGB (humans mostly) teams, Light/Water teams (not that good tho), RGD (not that either) or rainbow as multi attribute choices, but i would like more combinations a la Magic the Gathering, like Fire/Dark, Earth/Light, or LDG, idk all kids of combinations that we could possibly have. Same with races, I really like Daoloth and Groth multi race teams, but i cant help but wish we had more (that work).

I wont write more so someone might actually read it. Hope to see you guys sharing your thoughts as well

IGN: Desrt, ID:  70339822

I dont have VR Apollo, Atlantis, Anubis, Sakura or PR Phanes. For almost all else add me.
Legit I agree bro for 5 years as a mobile game this a masterpiece in its genre XD

Ive had one of my old accounts from late 2014 back in school lost it tho bot binding it but whatever thats my fault and started fresh in 2015 and gotta say even though its a new account this game definitely made me enjoy everything bit of the journey that I had once finished, fun again. 11/10 this is the shit XD

Man I really hope they do slow down on the period of each path getting released

Otherwise nice thread XD im sleepy right now so can write an essay

Im out XD

I remember first being introduced to the game by my sister, back in mid-late 2013. It was an account on the Chinese server, and she had a Fire team with Medea and Cerberus in it. I was entranced from the moment I saw the fluidity of the rune-spinning motions, and I would go on to basically take over her account, playing TOS whenever I got a chance to use her phone (which wasn't often, given how social teenage girls usually are). In April 2014, I finally got a smartphone, and guess what the first app I downloaded was? Whatsapp, because I opened it up after dinnertime and everybody wanted me to join the family group chat. But the second app was Tower of Saviors, and I've been hooked ever since (though I have missed about 2.5 weeks of logins).

What's kept me going through the highs and lows of the game this entire time is the plot. It was a pleasant surprise when English versions of the card stories started being the norm rather than exceptions. The way they integrate story and gameplay is pretty fantastic as well - things like amelioration, masked runes, and multi-part bosses would be nice technical aspects on their own, but when you consider how long the term "seal cards" has been a part of the game, those aspects become fabulous, well-thought-out additions to an already rich story-world.

Probably my second favourite aspect of the game is that Madhead is incredibly generous with the sheer amount of content they drop with each patch. New art, new systems, even new game modes are still being added 5 years in, and plot development is showing no signs of slowing down. For a game that doesn't have an infinite PvP mode (for free), and relies on events to keep players coming back, this is pretty damn remarkable, especially considering how complete the game already seemed at the beginning of its lifetime. The devs are also far more involved with the community and responsive to fan interaction than most other games, which means the content additions are more satisfying.

The one thing that I dislike is that the amount of play is very limited. Pretty much everything costs stamina (/spirit/vigor), and the only free stages we've had are the transmigrations, which have limited entries per day, and the craft training stages, which have a fixed team and only two waves that die when you breathe too hard. The only endless stage we saw was Transmigration of Infinity, and that was just hard-capped by how much luck you had until first strikes killed you.

I think that'd be my number one wish. A truly infinite stage, that gives no rewards (not even Friend Points) but will keep going until you manually exit, lets you use any custom team (including cards you don't own/don't have enough copies of) and allows you to choose certain enemy skills to practice against. It'd let you try out the cool rare leaders so that you'll see how effective they are against certain enemies and want them even more badly; it'd let you play with combinations that are more gimmicky than viable; it'd let you play with cards that got phased out from collaborations, or were limited release; it'd give you a way to come back from a hiatus and test out the new cards for yourself.

Next on my wishlist is A FREAKING EARTH ELF CONVERTER. We got four new Earth Elves in the Perennials update alone; couldn't one of them have been a converter? At least something with marginally better stats than a Gnome or a Clairvoyant! But noooo, the only Earth Elf from the main pool couldn't even be used in a mono team! Is this the design space that died for Ophiuchus?!?!

One last wish would be a leader that delays skydrops until the end of the turn. I rather enjoyed the time when Daji was the go-to meta leader, because increased combo bonuses reward good spinning, but it was incredibly frustrating when so much of that skill is easily matched or negated by a rune drop or two; Stirling's release had me intensely hyped until I realised the leader skill also counts skydrops. This card would remove that frustration and deal with a number of rune-affecting enemy skills like on-attack masking or weakened runes, but also restrict combo potential and nullify the usefulness of rune-generation actives.

Main: 59,402,542
Alt: 84,088,062

SM History Chart | Amel List
Active Skill Catalog (Spreadsheet)
My gf got me into the game in early 2014 and I pretty much love it. I got novalis in my first draw and the following draws consists of dark golems, defensive and etheral dragons. Needless to say I made a dragon team with it. I remember how hyped I was when novallis deals about 100k damage back then with a sub-par dragon team, but now it easily deals millions of damage in aza team. The sad thing back then was that I wasn't able to clear any SM stages at all, until one year later where i finally cleared nidhogg SM with the wukong - light norn grind team. Was super happy back then since it was my first SM. Looking back, I definitely improved a whole lot.

The thing I liked about the game is the sheer amount of diamonds they give, allowing me to be "in the meta" while still being free to play thus far. Like the above poster said, the story are very interesting, fluid and one of my favourite part of the game as well. The only complain I have is losing a stage due to lack of offensive runes/heart runes/runes to break accumulative shield even though you have spin very well in the previous round or lack of skydrops when you use teams like maya or skydrops taking away your enchanted runes required to break shields. Other than that there's pretty much no complains from me about this game.
 Big Grin Angel

I'm kind of impressed that it got so far and for so long. I have been playing the game since... late 2014 I think. I've tried dozens of mobile games including PAD, Fire Emblem, Tons of Final Fantasy mobiles games, and others, but this one for some reason is still sticking around. I'm starting to get a bit more nervous every time I look at the login days (although there was a stretch of time where I just logged in to get the free diamond and it happens now).

I think I got into the game when I visited Taiwan for a summer camp and seeing all the advertisements everywhere. Everyone was playing (The Chinese version), except me, who downloaded the English Version.

What really draws me and keeps me in the game is the artwork. It never ceases to amaze me. Gameplay is challenging but not (mostly) hellish. Most cards get some sort of evolution so they are never really trash in the game for that long (most anyways), and the developer throws diamonds at you really often so you can go free for pretty much always. There aren't huge advantages of paying vs free.

I liked the Transmigration series and how it forbade you from Diamond revives. I think those were super fun and challenging and purely skilled based.

I do wish the game could get more newer players and shorten the distance between the new and the veterans. The mountain needed to cross to become meta is pretty tremendous.
Nice thread. Why I couldn't think of making something similar is beyond me, but well here's my story. I started ToS late 2013 (or early 2014, can't really remember) when my friend introduced me to the game. At the time there were around 10 of us playing so we made a guild consisting of mainly friends and some other recruits. The first guild event was a pain in the ass because there were so few of us in the guild, but when we finally obtained that shiny gold badge for top 100 (back then it was way easier, being separated from the Chinese side and all) all of it felt so worth it. Time passed and eventually most of my friends quit, and since there wasn't that spark anymore I quit as well. This was my first major "break", it was around the time of the Big Bang collab, I think. Then one day I stumbled upon a YouTube video that was recommended when I was searching for some other gameplay. It reignited my desire to play again, but stupid me forgot to bind my old account (was maining a water mono with 6* Eliz back then) so I was at a loss until my friend gave me his account that was bound to a dummy twitter. I was overjoyed, that account had Daji and Daji was everything. So I played for a while, doing some catching up with the "new" account since I've been away for a long time until things came up and I had to go on hiatus again, this was during the Fallen Halos patch. I came back sometime nearing the end of the KotRT update and, well, here I am now.

Like many, I am sucker for the artwork in the game and MadHead has continously impressed in that regard. You can actually see the improvements in artwork looking through the monsters' different evolution forms and I absolutely love that. The monsters' backstories are a lovely addition and I especially like that they deviated from classic mythology, offering a more modern rendition with somewhat complex and intertwining storylines. A chunk of my time was actually spent reading backstories and I have no regrets. I enjoyed playing through all the new stages in Void of the Realm (though some stages pissed me off at times) and I hope they keep pumping out more of these alternate era stages. Remembering the time that we could actually draw into 4* cards, I liked how they changed that, even though I still get mostly dupes, oh and the material inventory is such a boon. What I would like to see changed is them spacing out updates a bit more and/or reducing the time at which stamina recovers, because, frankly speaking, I'm addicted, but I don't want to have to restore stamina every second day.

Overall very impressed with the game as a whole and I think it deserves so much more attention, especially the English side, but not too much because I kind of like how easy it is to get to Legend and King in Arena ;p

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
PR: FD Primal, FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: WFEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

ID: 21218485
put1572: You're probably mid 2013, since I'm also mid 2013 and my UID is behind yours. You can find out by clicking on the gears at the top right => Personal Record => tapping on LOGIN. ^^

Does anyone mind if I link this thread in the letter I'm going to write to MH? Given how much flak they've copped over the past few days for TGS, I think it'll be nice to show them that our experiences on the English server has been fairly positive overall.

Game History:

When I queued up for my free draw at TGS and told them I was from the English server, the (Super nice and smiling) staff commented that I'm an oldie based on my UID. I didn't realise what he meant at first until I found out that I started playing TOS in August, 2013, which is ~400 days after the initial release of TOS.

Those were the days when rerolling into a fully-evolved GSOD was considered a good starter, lol. I managed to roll a baby GSOD after a couple of rerolls and that's how I started TOS. Funny story: I remember running GSOD + Water Werewolf / Fire Werewolf / Earth Werewolf / Light PSS + GSOD because I couldn't get a Light Werewolf to drop, lol.

Those were also the days when you could bind your account to a Twitter account. I remember not binding the account to anything and the game crashing during an update, which led to my first ever interaction with MH. I emailed them more out of curiosity, since I had very low hopes of actually getting my account back. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how both how quickly they responded and how willing they were to believe my story (Maybe because I was claiming an account that only had GSOD, lol?). They advised that I bind my account in that email, so I created a Twitter account.

The GSOD team stuck around with me for so long that all my Werewolves hit SLV8 by the time I finally farmed a PKOE (Remember those guys? XD) to upgrade to a Paladin team. As a F2P player, I remember posting strategies for zero-Diamond clears of biweeklies on the forum using Paladin teams, typically something along the lines of PKOE + Utility x4 + Daji. Most of my runs were done on Advanced, since Extra was too much pressure for me to cope with. I believe the vast majority of my Rep came from those, since they were truly a poor man's strategy. Then I accidentally drew Loki and probably no one read about how I cleared stages anymore. XD

Loki stuck around with me for the longest though, through both 6*, PR and finally VR. I hit SLV10 with him through all the stages we cleared together, as Loki-Daji, dual PR Loki, PR Loki-PR Daji and dual OVR Loki. I thought about manually grinding to SLV12 with him once upon a time, but feeders were released, so I made do. I'm glad that he remains one of my go-to picks for Mono Dark to this day alongside Lu Bu, depending on what I need.

The other leaders... Suffice to say, although they were all stronger, I didn't build as much of a relationship with them as I did GSOD, PKOE and Loki.

Game Opinions:

As many of you have already pointed out, five years is no joke for a mobile game. To this day, I feel like TOS is the only game I need on my phone. I've thought about others like Fate/Grand Order, Fire Emblem Heroes and some of the KH/FF mobile games, because I like those franchises, but I've come so far on TOS already and I CBFed going through the reroll and grind all over again.

I'm an avid LOL player as well, so MH reminds me of Riot (Developers of LOL) a lot because of how frequently and closely they interact with their player base. By that, I mean day-to-day interactions through Facebook, Bahamut/Reddit, other forums etc. and not just at expos and events. It's clear that they can fuck up at times and I appreciate that you feel pissed when it happens to you. However, I feel it's important to remember that this happens to the best of us and that we offer a path to forgiveness, just like how MH forgave me for not binding my account many years ago.

I will say, however, that I want to see MH improve on how they organise their events moving forward. Some of the comments on Bahamut indicate that this disorganisation is a recurrence every year at TGS. If possible, I would like to see them either get a bigger stall, such as the Monster Hunter and/or Bandai stall, or straight up hire an exhibition center for themselves. Other ways to improve traffic flow such as making the free draw an online redemption using TGS ticket serial numbers should also be strongly considered.

The thing I was most dissatisfied with at TGS was how the TOS player base made the experience worse for players who weren't there for TOS. If this continues, the TOS player base will eventually get the same bad rep as the LOL player base (I know because I play, lulz...). MH already received a warning from TGS itself as well, so any way to improve traffic flow should be strongly considered.

The fact that MH is visiting Malaysia gives me hope that they will interact with the English player base a bit more moving forward. I get that the majority of players are from the Chinese server, but I'm sure some of you guys are interested in purchasing the Medea figurine. ;D

As for the game itself, I've said it before: I honestly don't care how shit the rares from this series are. At the very least, they're trying to make something different work. PR Norse was good when they were first released, then they became trash because every other series got a better treatment post-PR. These rares could be the starting point for a future Mono Water Human archetype revolving around high combo counts or a modernised version of the old WFE and FED archetypes we knew from way back. I hope MH continues the trend of offering different playstyles rather than strictly bigger numbers.
[Image: BPfjm4o.png]
UID: 22963116
Wish list: Chang'e, Hubble
(02-01-2018, 04:28 PM)Sayokyoku Wrote: put1572: You're probably mid 2013, since I'm also mid 2013 and my UID is behind yours. You can find out by clicking on the gears at the top right => Personal Record => tapping on LOGIN. ^^

Does anyone mind if I link this thread in the letter I'm going to write to MH? Given how much flak they've copped over the past few days for TGS, I think it'll be nice to show them that our experiences on the English server has been fairly positive overall.

Game History:

When I queued up for my free draw at TGS and told them I was from the English server, the (Super nice and smiling) staff commented that I'm an oldie based on my UID. I didn't realise what he meant at first until I found out that I started playing TOS in August, 2013, which is ~400 after the initial release of TOS.

Those were the days when rerolling into a fully-evolved GSOD was considered a good starter, lol. I managed to roll a baby GSOD after a couple of rerolls and that's how I started TOS. Funny story: I remember running GSOD + Water Werewolf / Fire Werewolf / Earth Werewolf / Light PSS + GSOD because I couldn't get a Light Werewolf to drop, lol.

Those were also the days when you could bind your account to a Twitter account. I remember not binding the account to anything and the game crashing during an updatem which led to my first ever interaction with MH. I emailed them more out of curiosity, since I had very low hopes of actually getting my account back. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how both how quickly they responded and how willing they were to believe my story (Maybe because I was claiming an account that only had GSOD, lol?). They advised that I bind my account in that email, so I created a Twitter account.

The GSOD stuck around with me for so long that all my Werewolves hit SLV8 by the time I finally farmed a PKOE (Remember those guys? XD) to upgrade to a Paladin team. As an F2P player, I remember posting strategies for zero-Diamond clears of biweeklies on the forum using Paladin teams, typically something along the lines of PKOE + Utility x4 + Daji. Most of my runs were done on Advanced, since Extra was too much pressure for me to cope with. I believe the vast majority of my Rep came from those, since they were truly a poor man's strategy. Then I accidentally drew Loki and probably no one read about how I cleared stages anymore. XD

Loki stuck around with me for the longest though, through both 6*, PR and finally VR. I hit SLV10 with him through all the stages we cleared together, as Loki-Daji, dual PR Loki, PR Loki-PR Daji and dual OVR Loki. I thought about manually grinding to SLV12 with him once upon a time, but feeders were released, so I made do. I'm glad that he remains one of my go-to picks for Mono Dark to this day alongside Lu Bu, depending on what I need.

The other leaders... Suffice to say, although they were all stronger, I didn't build as much of a relationship with them as I did GSOD, PKOE and Loki.

Game Opinions:

As many of you have already pointed out, five years is no joke for a mobile game. To this day, I feel like TOS is the only game I need on my phone. I've thought about others like Fate/Grand Order, Fire Emblem Heroes and some of the KH/FF mobile games, because I like those franchises, but I've come so far on TOS already and I CBFed going through the reroll and grind all over again.

I'm an avid LOL player as well, so MH reminds me of Riot (Developers of LOL) a lot because of how frequently and closely they interact with their player base. By that, I mean day-to-day interactions through Facebook, Bahamut/Reddit, other forums etc. and not just at expos and events. It's clear that they can fuck up at times and I appreciate that you feel pissed when it happens to you. However, I feel it's important to remember that this happens to the best of us and that we offer a path to forgiveness, just like how MH forgave me for not binding my account many years ago.

I will say, however, that I want to see MH improve on how they organise their events moving forward. Some of the comments on Bahamut indicate that this disorganisation is a recurrence every year at TGS. If possible, I would like to see them either get a bigger stall, such as the Monster Hunter and/or Bandai stall, or straight up hire an exhibition center for themselves. Other ways to improve traffic flow such as making the free draw an online redemption using TGS ticket serial numbers should also be strongly considered.

The thing I was most dissatisfied with at TGS was how the TOS player base made the experience worse for players who weren't there for TOS. If this continues, the TOS player base will eventually get the same bad rep as the LOL player base (I know because I play, lulz...). MH already received a warning from TGS itself as well, so any way to improve traffic flow should be strongly considered.

The fact that MH is visiting Malaysia gives me hope that they will interact with the English player base a bit more moving forward. I get that the majority of players are from the Chinese server, but I'm sure some of you guys are interested in purchasing the Medea figurine. ;D

As for the game itself, I've said it before: I honestly don't care how shit the rares from this series are. At the very least, they're trying to make something different work. PR Norse was good when they were first released, then they became trash because every other series got a better treatment post-PR. These rares could be the starting point for a future Mono Water Human archetype revolving around high combo counts or a modernised version of the old WFE and FED archetypes we knew from way back. I hope MH continues the trend of offering different playstyles rather than strictly bigger numbers.

Woah! I just checked mine and apparently I started in 6 May, 2013 lol. My UID is 12526682, a little bit older than you I guess.

I started after my highschool mates started playing and we were on it for a little over a year before all of them slowly quit lol. At time time I joined vVv guild (don't know if their guild and players are still playing nowadays lol) but quit soon after at around 2015 I think. I just recently came back in December 2017 because my roommate started playing. But yeah, I'm glad I came back to the game, it's much better than before, especially the diamond seal where they removed all the trash cards (back then you can draw fate sisters and defensive dragons from the diamond seal lol). All in all, I think newer players nowadays are much more spoiled by MH, which is a good thing.

My first draw was Thor btw, like I didn't even reroll for it, I just got him for my first ever diamond seal card. And I pretty much used Thor team (and PKOE + Fate sisters team) all the way until I quit, and until I came back and got Daoloth (my new bestfriend lol)

Also, been loving the artwork of the new cards. Just check out Azathoth and Daoloth, they look real sick. And also all the NVR Greeks.
Wow. So apparently in 2 days time, I'll have been playing for a year. Haha. I'm a lot less senior than all of y'all I guess.

I was explicitly looking for a gachapon game, this much I remember. I had been playing Heavenstrike Rivals for a while and I loved the strong story and art in that game, but once you got to the endgame and it was all this badly balanced PvP mode where pretty much only players who spent money had any chance of competing at all, I was disillusioned. It's weird, I'm sure some people hate it but I love the kind of feeling of opening booster packs and not knowing what you'll get, and of course it's even better when there's a good game attached to it haha. So I came onto TOS after googling "good gachapon games" and I was like, oh. I can be very anxious in real life so I always like having something to do with my hands when I'm alone.

Things I appreciate about TOS:
1) They're very generous with diamonds, stamina, free draws. Like, people who've probably played only TOS probably don't think so, but I have tried a lot of mobile games and none of the ones I've played really give F2P players as much of a chance to save up and keep in the game as TOS does. The closest is probably Hearthstone, and even that's not really friendly to anyone who misses an expansion. And TOS keeps making it easier for newbies, I was level 130 I think when they introduced the stage that lets you grind up to 160 lol. I don't resent that.
2) They're not afraid of complexity. Like Sayokyoku said, I really enjoy these kinds of bizarre gameplay styles, even bizarre gameplay challenges, even if they don't always work. Because it makes it a game that's fun to think about and put effort into teambuilding, scratches niches of tactical and tactile intelligence.
3) I'm sure everyone loves the art and feel of the TOS world, which is always improving. I enjoy the lore, although if they paid me to edit some of these entries I'd fix the whole lot of them lol. It is pretty conducive to getting attached to the characters and their stories, which is an extra element of pleasure I get out of the game.

Things I don't appreciate:
1) The rapid expansion as of late. It's good to hear they're thinking about slowing down the patches, cuz it's one thing to draw the cards, it's entirely another to have the time to train the cards.
2) The hush hush of it all, especially when it's manipulated against the players. I can understand keeping things under wraps because they're in development and you want hype to build. But doing stuff like releasing Atlantis halfway into Cornflower's time to shine was, especially for players who had spent money for Cornflower, a pretty dick move.

Things I want:
I'd like to see Demon teams get the Beast, Elf, and Dragon treatment. Have a defined attack and defense style that is unique to them, I mean. There's Ghroth but he's really not quite the same thing, since his gameplay of being brute force-y and stacking HP buffs is pretty much the same as Azathoth and Daoloth. The two major demon series, OoD and CG, haven't really developed this identity so that they can continue being just general attribute leaders. The Demon stat distribution is just too extreme and the members too limited in skill variances (so very few demons are converters, for example) for them to just be used as generic slot ins the way Gods and Humans are. I'd love like: you can get additional HP over max for doing damage to enemies. Which really harkens to the kind of kill everything before it hits you gameplay encouraged by WFE CG actives.

Other than that, please don't burn me with PR Primal Greeks, MH.

My first card was Artemis, I rerolled a few times because I read Joaqs' guide and stopped when I got her. Unfortunately, even then the guide was getting to be outdated. Greeks were not so good and I pretty quickly realized that she was not going to get me much of anywhere. I think I drew 3 Kingdoms when it returned the first time, got Liu Bei, allied him with Izanagi and ran that for too long a period of time. My first truly functional leader was Amaterasu, who I didn't have a great team for, but Daikokuten one shotting everything once I ground my way up to him was my way of getting past most of the early stages. I drew into Erebus not long after and he's still one of my faves, so I hope MH does my purple skinned daddy's boi some good.

My VERY FIRST ancient seal draw was Maya. I squealed when I saw black haha. I didn't think it was possible for me to get a card that good. She's been Team Mom ever since.
[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Rose and Sun Ce in particular, but no more Azathoths pls.
I've been playing ToS for 1,736 days, and I missed a few days login over that time, maybe 10 or 15, so I'd say I've been playing since within a few months of it being launched. I'm one of the old guard, and I'm also quite happy to admit that doesn't make me a veteran or an expert - I'm actually pretty hopeless at the game. I've never cleared a Transmigration, haven't beaten the 9th seal, have had to diamond-cheese my way past most of the tough SM/NM battles, and some I just plain sit out because I know I have no hope with my limited skills...

...But despite that I still absolutely love this game! I have loved watching it grow and evolve, and yes, make some missteps and course correct, and generally just continue to keep me coming back with new challenges, modes and content. I'll never stop playing, and I'll never stop paying - I'm no whale by any stretch, but I'm happy to throw a few bucks at a game that has been a constant companion to me through good times and bad, and is the first thing I re-install on any phone I buy. 

Firsts
  • My free seal draw was Skuld. I did eventually evolve her, but never maxed or PR'd her
  • My first 'paid' draw, as in what I got the first draw after I bought diamonds, was Cthulu, followed by Griffin. Cthulu is allmax, and still sometimes finds his way into a team...griffin I didn't even bother with
  • My first 'good' or 'meta' team, when the game finally "clicked" for me, was the classic Faugn/Daji setup. I was lucky to have Faugn, Novalis and Ursula very easily/early on, and I was able to build a then-top-tier team and actually do ok in some SMs
  • The first card I really chased (outside of throwing dimes at Daji every CNY!) was, believe it or not, Maya, so really very late in the piece. The hype was so real, and I so desperately wanted a light meta, that I think I sunk 150+ diamonds chasing her
In terms of what next for this game, one thing needs to happen pretty urgently: they need to re-evaluate the stamina system and costs. There's just too much content, events and challenges going for anyone to be able to play the game enough without spending diamonds to refill. And I *guarantee* you at this point in the game's life, they make far more from diamond draws than they ever would from gating people out of playing the game. 5 years in, the notion of preventing your fans actually playing your game regularly with a stamina system is just idiotic, and I for one won't pay to refill, it just means I don't play as much as I'd like. They need to seriously lower all the costs, and even revisit what does or doesn't cost stamina. For example the new series preview battles - why charge me stamina for that at all if you're just trying to sell me on drawing those cards? 

Finally, if anyone from Madhead is reading this, I'll make a genuine offer I put out there a few years ago: send me your lore and descriptions, and I will tidy up all the English for you free of charge. It's my native language, I have a degree in English, and I write for a living. Seriously, let me help the game I love get better Smile