Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 MH April Fools Pranks
"Add On" Mechanic:

[Image: QgJYuBE.jpg][Image: 8S84YQI.jpg][Image: GAGyehk.jpg][Image: ZcDPRaN.jpg]

"Harpy Runner" Mode:

[Image: wdFkkTJ.jpg][Image: iR6nkXk.jpg][Image: MF6SVHA.jpg]

There's also a video on "...the new features of our next version", which is just a video of a loading circle, but the post mentions:
  • Gambling System
  • Super Max Monster
  • 3D outfits for every monster

So we know that some April Fools pranks end up becoming reality. I'm kind of only looking forward to the Add On mechanic, lol. What about you guys?

[Image: 7RK9NDX.png]
UID: 22963116
Wish list: Genkai
It would be weird for them to pay an artist money for a seriously drawn skin they were just using for a gag, so I expect the skin to be available soon-ish (are they tweaking norse again maybe? Frigg release?), but not add-ons. I'm in the middle of farming Nidhogg anyway so the prospect of even more farming kind of sucks.

I would love for "Harpy Runner" to be a real card we can buy from the Trade Fort next patch, with that exact completely out of place sprite. And I'd love for it to be a card that is actually good and usable in a team and not just as a collectible/consummable.

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
All this really is a prank right? The word prank kinda lost all meaning these past years so you can't ever be too sure. I'll just leave my thoughts here then to humor these.

Ok so let me get this straight since I'm not too accustomed to MH's English, 25 copies of a card gets you one add-on skill, so in order to get the maximum limit you'd need a hundred copies? Holy shit that is a lot. It's ok in the sense that it gives you a reason to farm extra copies of returning SMs rather than just completing achievements and be done with it, but that, in retrospect, is like a ploy for you to spend more dimes on stamina. Smart move MH.

Other comments:

Gambling System - This could be pretty good depending on how they go about it. I'm all for it.

Super Max Monster - What on earth? That's some Dragonball shit right there. Will my monsters radiate blue aura as well now? 

3D outfits - Can't say I'm looking forward to this (if this is, in fact, a serious proposal in a guise) sounds like more storage space and battery consumption in exchange for possibly crappy art that hurts to look at. It's like CGI for anime - it either works great or is just plain garbage, sadly the latter is more common. I don't understand why they don't just keep things simple.  

PR: FD Primal, FED OoD, WE Newborn Elves, Aloha, Dipankara etc.
VR: WFEL Greek, WFEL Crimson Grace, ED Norse, Daji
Rares: Atlantis, Maya, Lu Dongbin/He Xian Gu, Azathoth, Ghroth, Daoloth, Rose, Sakura, Ophiuchus, Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Izanagi, Chessia, Abraham, Uncle Tuu, Xiahou Dun

ID: 21218485
Yes they are jokes, don't expect nothing more than maybe some different, more sensible, version of the add on mechanic tweaked around.
Leaders I'm MISSING
Black: WaterXi, Rakhshasa,  Maya, Atlantis,Pompeii. 
VR: Seth, Daji, DBK, W. CN God. 
PR: Yunyang, Ninurta, dark babilonian. 
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
(04-01-2018, 10:16 PM)Revdarian Wrote: Yes they are jokes, don't expect nothing more than maybe some different, more sensible, version of the add on mechanic tweaked around.

I thought this is called dragonware.
Hahaha yeah I thought so too jtsmith although dragonware isn't configurable "at the moment", if they make a configurable version of it even if only slightly configurable it would be huge!
Leaders I'm MISSING
Rares: Satan, Guan Yu, Cao Cao, Amaterasu, Sakura, Azathot, XHD, LDB+waifu,SHJ, Mai, iori, Turing.
(04-02-2018, 06:45 AM)Revdarian Wrote: Hahaha yeah I thought so too jtsmith although dragonware isn't configurable "at the moment", if they make a configurable version of it even if only slightly configurable it would be huge!

And also if it didn't take up a DC slot.

[Image: 29791248_1791662970924214_32832417603590...e=5B6CCB0C]

They're also mentioning that Egyptian Gods are getting VR. Doesn't seem very far-fetched either.
Main: 59,402,542
Alt: 84,088,062

SM History Chart | Amel List
Active Skill Catalog (Spreadsheet)
I honestly think that Egyptian vr is going to be legit, but first we know that Dragonware is heading their way with the data mined art.

/slight derail
I'm sad that it seems that the Investiture AR +possible Companions of Mystical Beasts Amel was left all the way to the last week of the patch tho :p /end of derailment
Leaders I'm MISSING
The real April Fool's joke is this stage: http://towerofsaviors.wikia.com/wiki/Trials_of_Keepers#Keeper.E2.80.99s_Discernment
Channel: youtube.com/c/SavTower
[Image: 6636360e.jpg]

All Max + VR: WFLD Greek, FELD Babylon, All Norse, Lucy, Beelzebub, Pontos, Aether, Erebus, Yog-Sothoth, Chessia, Satan, Guan Yu, TSZ, Izanagi, Hideyoshi
I like the "Add on" features. Even though it is an april fool's joke. This one seems most likely to happen and more practical to implement.

The Harpy feature reminds me alot of FF7 game feature where u can bet on a chocobo, u can train and feed it seeds to let it run faster.

It's possible as well but i think i prefer the "Add on" feature, there's already too much to do sometimes on the TOS platform we do not have time for all the events.