Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15.4 - Yu☆Yu☆Hakusho + PR Companions of Mystical Beasts(Region Lock)
(Yesterday, 04:26 PM)johnnyTOS Wrote: I have to say that I did assume what was said on the card's description to be true, and didn't bother to test it. Figuring out a team with rune equivalancy that can fit a dark dragon in it wasn't immediately straightfoward either (I went with YYS/YSC before realising that Khaos'll also do the job).

ML, G-Dragon, Spiritual Civilizations, Diaochan, Amaterasu, Mai, Slime King, Rose, Sakura, Long Kui, Madam Chyan, Ghroth, Zhurong

Quote:Perhaps when Novalis was first released it wasn't that much of an issue since teams with rune equivalancy wasn't really that widespread (Faughn's heart to dark description is actually worded with something extra: "Heart runestones also possess 50% heart runestones and would be seem as dissolving dark runestones" as opposed to just "x runes possess effects of x runestones"), and MH just haven't bothered to update the descriptions?

Equivalency certainly wasn't much of a thing until Faugn and the BIGBANGs, I think the only team that really used it before that was Minamoto. It was never really viable as a main effect in actives either until around the time of Aether and Yog-Sothoth. But as far as I know, that extra wording of Faugn's is entirely unique to it and doesn't appear on any other cards, so it was probably meant to reduce confusion and/or highlight the synergy. The "only when X runes are dissolved" wording is also only present on Novalis, ML and Tang Yu Rou; Ye Shiao Chai and Huang Zhong don't have it anymore, thankfully.

Main: 59,402,542
Alt: 84,088,062

SM History Chart | Amel List
Active Skill Catalog (Spreadsheet)
(9 hours ago)KaerfNomekop Wrote:
(Yesterday, 04:26 PM)johnnyTOS Wrote: I have to say that I did assume what was said on the card's description to be true, and didn't bother to test it. Figuring out a team with rune equivalancy that can fit a dark dragon in it wasn't immediately straightfoward either (I went with YYS/YSC before realising that Khaos'll also do the job).

ML, G-Dragon, Spiritual Civilizations, Diaochan, Amaterasu, Mai, Slime King, Rose, Sakura, Long Kui, Madam Chyan, Ghroth, Zhurong

I didn't say there weren't many btw, but thanks for listing them all out.

KaerfNomekop Wrote:Equivalency certainly wasn't much of a thing until Faugn and the BIGBANGs, I think the only team that really used it before that was Minamoto. It was never really viable as a main effect in actives either until around the time of Aether and Yog-Sothoth. But as far as I know, that extra wording of Faugn's is entirely unique to it and doesn't appear on any other cards, so it was probably meant to reduce confusion and/or highlight the synergy. The "only when X runes are dissolved" wording is also only present on Novalis, ML and Tang Yu Rou; Ye Shiao Chai and Huang Zhong don't have it anymore, thankfully. 

I wonder if the implementation of Faugn's leader skills is different as well, given his unique wording, which would result in things like e.g. Toguro's active being maintained by dissolving hearts? Probably not, though.

ID: 39,040,287
Main ally: Terry

There was also Dionysus which ran the usual ML Luna comp (first time we had a dual rune setup for ML)

ID: 54962818

add me no black cards plz

Forum United 3 recruiting