Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15.4 - Yu☆Yu☆Hakusho + PR Companions of Mystical Beasts(Region Lock)
We've got card details now. TTJZ's new leader skill is Demon ATK 4x, HP and REC 1.5x; like VR Jack/Todd but unrestricted, which is a lot stronger. Might see some use as a Demon team leader.

Main: 59,402,542
Alt: 84,088,062

SM History Chart | Amel List
Active Skill Catalog (Spreadsheet)
All these collabs are tiring me out Sad Really hope the patch after this is just going to be updating outdated cards rather than adding new ones.

Akanto Wrote: Ducks are awesome. Big Grin
Bad choice by MH.  They should have spaced the region locked patches with some original content in between.  Cant imagine many casual players continuing to play tos considering how old its getting.  Ive been looking to scale back time in game as well because nothing new here rly.

Thx for the update and all.  I guess i will hold off deleting my vpn app for another month.

(06-29-2018, 06:19 AM)attanond Wrote: Reading the facebook messages on Yusuke announcement kind of makes me angry. People complaining about guaranteed 35 draws being a cash grab and greedy move by MH. But when you think about it, would you rather draw at most 35 times to get the card or no? I remember many people doing more than 35 draws and couldn't even get Azathoth. I think the 35 draw guarantee is one of the best things MH could ever implement.

Also, I hope most of the cards will NOT be humans. We just got a human seal, all these human seals are so sickening. During the span of this year we already have 2.5 seals dedicated to humans (ROTK2, CF, HxH). I wish MH would release a seal exclusively for Beast just like what they did with elves.

I think it's more about the changes made to draw rates, even though they complain about the guaranteed draw instead. After all, MH could've not introduced any mechanism to guarantee draws.

Besides, it's human nature to complain: You're complaining about them now and I can complain about something else pertaining to the game (Sigh, another region lock). We're not all that different, lol.

What I dislike: Another region lock.
What I hope to like: Demons becoming meta.
[Image: 7RK9NDX.png]
UID: 22963116
Wish list: Genkai
From what I remember, the complaint was on the released chances of the rare cards. Before it was released, there were forum doing statistic on these draw rate showing that the rarest chance is about 3% while other 2 are about 6%. And the new rate was just 1 and 4.5 which makes people scream. I think people in general welcome the guarantee but just happen the lower draw rate tie to the guarantee draw so they got lumped together in the complains.

For me, I am just annoyed by couple fact:
1. 3 collab in a roll is just tiring. Plus Pompeii in between... especially for f2p like me

2. Region lock is not a bad thing since they don't block vpn. But the lack of activities if you don't vpn is just flat out lazy. I'm still surprised how the 2nd week during HxH, you got totally nothing to play (not even old biweekly stages) if you forgot VPN in. Same likely to happen 1st couple weeks of Yo Yo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
It is really human nature to find any reason to complain. My opinion is probably of the minority but I'm glad MH implemented the guaranteed draw. And even though the previous statistic showed the rarest being 3% and other two being around 6%, it is not that accurate. I do not know how the statistic was done, because if it's just 500 different people giving result of 10 draws each, it would not be as accurate as 1 person doing 5000 draws by himself (imagine your first draw is Gon, and you submit to the statistic, does that mean Gon's draw rate is 100%? No). Also, since MH might have lowered the rate, they add in the 35 guarantee draw to make people who spend a lot of dimes not go to waste. Imagine, with the old percentage, if you draw 35 times and did not get the super jackpot card, you'd be pretty damn salty.

Another thing, people who draw before rate up and got shit draw should not really complain. I have drawn mostly during rate up and I have never had to draw more than 35 times before (Only Gon and Pompeii was where I needed 35th and 40th draw respectively.

About region lock part, MH did made it clear that using VPN is allowed and you wouldn't be banned for it. It clearly shows that MH wants people from other places in the world to be able to access the collab too but it is out of their power to make it available globally (financially, it must have been much more expensive and statistically, there are more players from HK, TW, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand than any other places in the world). So, I guess they chose the cheaper (I assume making the collab available globally would make things many times more expensive) and better business option to sign a contract for just these 6 regions and allow people from other places in the world to access by using VPN.

I do agree with 3 collab consecutively with Pompeii in between being very tiring. Though, if you can afford it, I highly recommend you to spend money on the patchly package. By doing so you're guaranteed at least 100 diamonds per patch (assuming you can get legend 1-3 in Arena).
The guaranteed card after 35th draw is great, I remember buying 150 dimes before even getting Lucy on the rate-up day... Frustrating and almost wanted to quit entirely lol. Then it happened with Guan Yu... saved up 100 dimes and drew on the rate-up and still wasn't able to get her. So I left TOS for around 8 or 9 months and came back around the time of the Prologue of the universe.
(06-30-2018, 03:23 AM)alpha5omega7 Wrote: From what I remember, the complaint was on the released chances of the rare cards.  Before it was released, there were forum doing statistic on these draw rate showing that the rarest chance is about 3% while other 2 are about 6%.  And the new rate was just 1 and 4.5 which makes people scream.  I think people in general welcome the guarantee but just happen the lower draw rate tie to the guarantee draw so they got lumped together in the complains.

For me, I am just annoyed by couple fact:
1.  3 collab in a roll is just tiring. Plus Pompeii in between... especially for f2p like me

2.  Region lock is not a bad thing since they don't block vpn.  But the lack of activities if you don't vpn is just flat out lazy.  I'm still surprised how the 2nd week during HxH, you got totally nothing to play (not even old biweekly stages) if you forgot VPN in.  Same likely to happen 1st couple weeks of Yo Yo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I thought it was a 3%:3%:3% split among the rares instead of 3%:6%:6%, but if so, it's just demonstrating my point. The problem is that no matter how extensively we test the rates, all we have is an educated guess, so we don't have much ground to suggest that MH has indeed lowered the rates since the motion to publicly announce the draw rates.

I dislike the region lock precisely for the reason you stated, although I don't think it's lazy by them. When the Solomon series came out alongside the Disney collab, TOS was still a relatively small game and patches were less frequent, so MH had enough time to prepare an alternative for the rest of us outside of the region lock. Given how big TOS is now, I don't see this as a viable option any longer.

Also keep in mind that we are unfortunately a much smaller player base compared to the Chinese, so preparing an alternate series with the same effects is basically asking MH to double the workload for the same amount of pay and no significant benefit. I also don't think giving us something completely different will help, because if we get, for example, Colin and Shyplant SM as alternatives, some players on the Chinese server who missed those cards will complain about not having access.

IDK why MH is making this massive push of patch after patch with no break in between. Maybe they need the money, maybe they see that they can capitalise on the people who will spend money every single patch, maybe it's something else, IDK. But it seems very clear to me that it's not just players like you and me who are tired and can't keep up, but also MH employees themselves.

(07-01-2018, 12:38 AM)attanond Wrote: It is really human nature to find any reason to complain. My opinion is probably of the minority but I'm glad MH implemented the guaranteed draw. And even though the previous statistic showed the rarest being 3% and other two being around 6%, it is not that accurate. I do not know how  the statistic was done, because if it's just 500 different people giving result of 10 draws each, it would not be as accurate as 1 person doing 5000 draws by himself (imagine your first draw is Gon, and you submit to the statistic, does that mean Gon's draw rate is 100%? No). Also, since MH might have lowered the rate, they add in the 35 guarantee draw to make people who spend a lot of dimes not go to waste. Imagine, with the old percentage, if you draw 35 times and did not get the super jackpot card, you'd be pretty damn salty.

Another thing, people who draw before rate up and got shit draw should not really complain. I have drawn mostly during rate up and I have never had to draw more than 35 times before (Only Gon and Pompeii was where I needed 35th and 40th draw respectively.

About region lock part, MH did made it clear that using VPN is allowed and you wouldn't be banned for it. It clearly shows that MH wants people from other places in the world to be able to access the collab too but it is out of their power to make it available globally (financially, it must have been much more expensive and statistically, there are more players from HK, TW, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand than any other places in the world). So, I guess they chose the cheaper (I assume making the collab available globally would make things many times more expensive) and better business option to sign a contract for just these 6 regions and allow people from other places in the world to access by using VPN.

I do agree with 3 collab consecutively with Pompeii in between being very tiring. Though, if you can afford it, I highly recommend you to spend money on the patchly package. By doing so you're guaranteed at least 100 diamonds per patch (assuming you can get legend 1-3 in Arena).

Again, I don't think the problem lies in the guaranteed draw mechanic, but that people are using it as an outlet to complain about the supposedly lower draw rates of rares in comparison to before. What I imagine is the frustrating part is the fact that (as I said above), despite the extensive testing, we have no hard proof as players that we have been disadvantaged from the change of the old 3%:6%:6% split to the 1%:4.5%:4.5% split we have now.

I'm definitely a fan of the guaranteed draw. From what I've heard, other mobile games just straight up lowered the rates when asked to make them public and offered no guaranteed draws to compensate. This is why I think/hope that the complaints are not really about the guaranteed draw itself, but a complaint about the supposedly lowered draw rates that we can't prove , which is disguised as a complaint about the guaranteed draw.

You're approaching your draw rate example incorrectly, because what is being looked at is the number of draws, not how those draws are split among however many players. Therefore, Gon's draw rate of 1% means that we can expect 50 copies of Gon to appear in the 5000 draws. How those 50 copies are distributed among the 500 players is another thing entirely. A person who got one copy would think it's a 10% draw rate (1 out of 10), while a player who got no copies would think it's 0%, but the numbers should approach 50 out of 5000 overall.

(07-01-2018, 01:13 AM)Altialice Wrote: The guaranteed card after 35th draw is great, I remember buying 150 dimes before even getting Lucy on the rate-up day... Frustrating and almost wanted to quit entirely lol. Then it happened with Guan Yu... saved up 100 dimes and drew on the rate-up and still wasn't able to get her. So I left TOS for around 8 or 9 months and came back around the time of the Prologue of the universe.

35 draws is 175 Diamonds though, so you actually spent less Diamonds to draw Lucy and Guan Yu, lol.
[Image: 7RK9NDX.png]
UID: 22963116
Wish list: Genkai
(07-01-2018, 01:53 AM)Sayokyoku Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 01:13 AM)Altialice Wrote: The guaranteed card after 35th draw is great, I remember buying 150 dimes before even getting Lucy on the rate-up day... Frustrating and almost wanted to quit entirely lol. Then it happened with Guan Yu... saved up 100 dimes and drew on the rate-up and still wasn't able to get her. So I left TOS for around 8 or 9 months and came back around the time of the Prologue of the universe.

35 draws is 175 Diamonds though, so you actually spent less Diamonds to draw Lucy and Guan Yu, lol.

Forgot to mention I did 10 draws on the 1st day of the patch for Lucy lol. For Guan Yu, yeah only did 25 draws. 
Yeah, I guess the approach I took wasn't correct, was just speculating. So, the old 3%:6%:6% split was before or after rate up? If before rate up, do you know what is the rate after rate up?