Support TOS Forum by making a donation or subscribing as a VIP member today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
120 days in, looking for advice
Hi all,

I have been playing for 120 days now, and still feel like I am seeking direction for how to get up to speed really quickly. I bought a pack of diamonds during CNY for the bonus, but otherwise I am planning on staying F2P unless a major meta change seal is released (It took me 22 rolls to get 1 of each Collector unit, still not sure if that was a good investment). I feel like every week that my teams are not strong enough to beat Ultimate stages, much less then nightmare ones. I think the only SM I have is Odin, if that counts. This past weekend Nidhogg destroyed me as I tried to build a high recovery team (no surprise as that boss was also my biggest wall in the regular stages).

Here are my objectives:

1. Beat 8th Seal and 9th Seal, currently stuck on Battle of Celestials: Born to be Belicose
- can't make it past the Yang Jiang stage with 11k hit and 20% max damage each turn, how am I supposed to heal up 11k each turn or have 55k+ health?
2. Beat the Void of the Realm stages, it would be nice to get a Hel in my roster
3. Beat the SM stages without spending a diamond (I am very stingy with my diamonds)

Current Teams I've Built:
1. Ghroth, Atlach, Blazochus, Ubbo, Abhoth
- My first team. I rerolled until I got Ghroth from my first pull because I saw how crazy his active skill was. Unfortunately I didn't read up on skilling up the prior version before evolving and I was anxious for Ghroth's team ability so the skill level is 9/12. I like the extra time to move runes and the bonus to HP, ATT, and RCV. Blazochus was an add when I needed a laser on my team

2. TSZ, Sha Seng, Zhu Bajie, Arthur, Huang Zhong
-I used the bulk of my beginner diamonds that I didn't spend on IW2 on CNY, which helped me obtain all of the Sindhu (I was hoping for an Atlantis, but no luck). Arthur and Huang Zhong gave me a 4th light race and were my strongest characters

3. VR Athena, Sariel, Han Xiangzi, All Max Hideyoshi, Gracious Dog
-My first VR team that I am enjoying but does not seem to have stall ability (hence why I haven't cleared 8th seal). I have Rakshasa to put back on this team once I get another 10 team cost. Alternatively, I could switch up Gracious Dog for Lux Un now or Furi when I have another 30 team cost to work with.

4. PR Fire Dancer, Ghroth, Rococo, Sakura, Golden and Silver Horned Twins
-a glass cannon fire team that I messed around with, didn't seem to give me access to more than what I could already clear with my Ghroth team

5. Sun Ce, Cai Wenji, Zhang Liao, Matthew
-I rolled 20 times to get Sun Ce thinking he would greatly benefit my team but all combos requiring 4+ was a bit too much for me to adjust to without more time to manipulate the board. I also stopped with this team due to its high cost (I have Swedge and Florice to put on this team once I can afford another 34 team cost)

Current Available Resources:
1. Level 152, team max cost of 86
2. All Max Pull (I am thinking of going for Azathoth, but Daoloth looks very good as well)
3. Free Cyborg Pull (I haven't decided which one is my best choice to go with)
4. Lots of energy when I am not spending it on going through the new story mode

Here is my collection for reference in case there are other units I should be investing in instead. Thanks for your help in reaching my goals.
https://imgur.com/gallery/dhZZa

You better hurry up on that All Max pull, it's expiring soon. You got Novalis, so Aza's probably the prime pick.

Kay, I'm gonna copy paste what I suggested as a bucket list for someone else:

(03-26-2018, 07:52 PM)Fauxy Wrote: 1) A high persistent damage team. Good examples: Azathoth, Lunafer, Phanes/Gaia, any form of stacked enchantresses on a decent base (Arthur, Zhurong, some Khaos variants).
2) A high recovery team that can withstand hits. Good examples: Rose and Sakura, Maya, Atlantis, Water Bride, Tan Sanzang, some Khaos variants.
3) A high combo team, or a team that helps spin extra combos with time extend and guaranteed skydrop. Good examples: Greeks, Maya, Guan Yu, Azathoth, Sakura.
4) A high burst damage team (much higher than what is considered normal for teams). Good examples: Amaterasu, Ghroth.
5) A mindless team, for farming. Good examples: Izanagi, Greeks, Daoloth.

Important members to have as many variations (in terms of race and element) of as possible. These are in order of highest to lowest priority:
1) Persistent boosters (enchantress effects) and self boosters (similar to enchantresses but only applies to the one card using them).
2) Burst boosters who gives at least an effective 2x for every 8 CD, nowadays it's beginning to be more standard for it to be 6 CD.
3) Converter who is capable of converting at least 3 attacking runes for each 3 CD.
4) Time tunnels (Daji's active) at 8 CD and below.
5) Board exploders and board converts below 10 CD. The former is better than the latter.
6) Board or at least quintet enchants.
7) Snipers.
8) Multiattack cards capable of attacking at least 20 times.
9) Delay cards.
10) Attribute change cards.
11) Unlock cards.

I might be missing something, but I'd say that's a pretty good grocery list.

You're not really utilizing some of your teams to their best potential and I don't know if that's just a teamcost issue as you state or if you haven't quite figured out how to synergize teams together properly. Like with Athena for example, Rakshasa is first in. She is one of the strongest possible members you can have and she in many ways makes Athena's current gameplay style (her machine gun build, as it's been called) so the rest of your members should be built around trying to fit her into the team, not vice versa. I could not fit anything other than Nyx into my light team with two Lucifers and a utility card for the longest time, I didn't decide that I should take the Lucifers out because I knew they were what was holding the team together.

Some of your cards that you're using are unevolved, but I have to say, 8th and 9th seal onward you are expected to at the very least have level 100 cards at their final forms. The newest SMs expect that you have all max teams. Nidhogg is even quite an old stage, and it's not that hard all things considered. You should be working on training your cards rather than beating stages that are impossible when you have cards with no investment in them (Arthur, Huang Zhong) in teams that don't make any sense for them to be in. This is about the time that you really need to join a guild to have full access to Black Hole and guild resources and EXP boosts, so if you haven't started on that, you definitely should.

It is bizarre to me that anyone who owns Sakura thinks it is difficult to heal 11k HP. High recov teams are my jam and let me tell you, that's puny. That's nothing.

Okay so specific advice:
  • You don't have a fusion, so Ghroth and TSZ are weak because they are designed to synchronize to a statstick. Upcoming Yog Sothoth might work as a nonfusion alternative for Ghroth, but I'm not sure you can clear with your teams. There's no real options for you for TSZ, you should bench him for now and hope you draw Minamoto someday.
  • Athena - Rakshasa - Han Xiang Zi - Hideyoshi - Lu Xun. 84 teamcost. Not the best team but better than what you're using. Greeks do not really need converters, Hideyoshi and HXZ should be swapped out as soon as you have the resources for it.
  • Arthur - Huang Zhong - Yuan Shao - Constantine - Kushinada. 71 teamcost. Arthur's pretty strong, don't sleep on her.
  • I could keep going with sample teams but I need to sleep. Sakura is like, top-tier meta in terms of being one of those teams people just default to using when they're not sure what to do, Sun Ce is occasionally okay, Hideyoshi's doing pretty alright these days too. If you want me to make you a sample team just tell me which you're interested in and I'll reply in the morning.
Sorry if I'm a bit sassy, I'm sleep deprived.

[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
Thanks for that advice, not sassy at all. I know there is still a lot I need to learn regarding team setup (fusions, etc). I am not very used to that mechanic. I'm in a guild but even on their FB chat they are not very active, and I feel like I am constantly bothering the nice folks on Discord or that my request gets lost so I figured a post here would be more permanent. I have about 200 black keys in my inventory that I have saved mostly for PR mats. I keep waiting to fuse XP until I get the XP boost from the slot machine, although I do have some minimadheads lying around if needed.

That bucket list of teams is exactly what I was looking for. I have something similar in PAD so I was thinking that such a list would exist. The main reason I haven't worked with Sakura yet is my lack of Elves (outside of the two Rosemellows I obtained from Collector's Seal) and the fact I recently evolved her after getting her previous skill maxxed. Could I run a rainbow team with her, say Sakura, Lady White Bones, Rosemellow, Nezha and then either Morris, Pupuro or Glutton?

So it seems you are saying that my VR Athena should be my top priority. My Rakshasa is sl5 because I forgot to spend 5 baby harpies on her. My Han is max skilled but I need to get a few more beetles to get him to 99, Lu Xun is sl10 and also needs more beetles to get to 99.

You really have an impressive pool of cards there, it certainly is a lot better to be a new player nowadays.
I can see that your strongest cards are on earth so you should focus on that.
You were already recommended a good list of teams so in that regard i can only say taht you still ca run a good Groth team if you have 1 or 2 cards with self attack boost, its not better than having Fenrir/Aquiles fusion but it is an option and the team itself has a good multiplier anyway.
Last i will recommend you 2 things, All max your Circe and don't keep more than 1 dupe unless it is a really good card.

You are on a really good path you just need to play more, also dont be afraid of purchasing that monthly packages those help you a lot for a decent price and you only buy 1 per patch, for me thats enough to stay outside the P2P realm.
IGN: Desrt, ID:  70339822

I dont have VR Apollo, Atlantis, Anubis, Sakura or PR Phanes. For almost all else add me.
(04-06-2018, 07:07 AM)Nimas Wrote: Thanks for that advice, not sassy at all. I know there is still a lot I need to learn regarding team setup (fusions, etc). I am not very used to that mechanic. I'm in a guild but even on their FB chat they are not very active, and I feel like I am constantly bothering the nice folks on Discord or that my request gets lost so I figured a post here would be more permanent. I have about 200 black keys in my inventory that I have saved mostly for PR mats. I keep waiting to fuse XP until I get the XP boost from the slot machine, although I do have some minimadheads lying around if needed.

That bucket list of teams is exactly what I was looking for. I have something similar in PAD so I was thinking that such a list would exist. The main reason I haven't worked with Sakura yet is my lack of Elves (outside of the two Rosemellows I obtained from Collector's Seal) and the fact I recently evolved her after getting her previous skill maxxed. Could I run a rainbow team with her, say Sakura, Lady White Bones, Rosemellow, Nezha and then either Morris, Pupuro or Glutton?

So it seems you are saying that my VR Athena should be my top priority. My Rakshasa is sl5 because I forgot to spend 5 baby harpies on her. My Han is max skilled but I need to get a few more beetles to get him to 99, Lu Xun is sl10 and also needs more beetles to get to 99.
You can try the guild board here or you can ask around the official FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TowerOfSaviors/. Try to find an active guild with 80+ members. Don't let your black keys reach max, because there's no upper limit to how many PR mats/Harpies you can store afaik, but after 200 you're going to be losing black keys.

Nezha doesn't retain elf race after evolution, he becomes a human. For Sakura and your inventory I'd say Sakura - Rosemellow - LWB - Morris - Pupuro. It's a shame you missed Shyplant, because for regular damage Sakura needs elf enchantresses but if you're using her mostly for overheal you'll be fine with a mediocre team. You can train King Slime or the Egg Elves from LR Pass as switch-ins if you need something specific, probably Yvette is best for more damage.

From SLV5 you can spend 4 baby harpies to reach SLV7, another 9 to reach SLV8. Each SLV from that point is 15 Baby Harpies, so it's more efficient to spend full Harpies. Black cards are always worth maxing at least one copy of. And yes I would say as a general use team, Athena should probably be your main. I would prioritize Lu Xun over HXZ since ideally you would swap HXZ for maybe Sagittarius or Shu later on when you have more team cost. Circe doesn't work with Athena BTW so I don't know if she's worth prioritizing if you want to follow Athena as a main.

On your dupes: Retain a copy for skill feeding (I explain how to feed a maxed dupe to a base card here), if it's an older series or a black card retain up to two extra copies for potential VR or dragonware. Any card that is good to begin with and doesn't trigger some form of effect conflict (just eyeballing I'd say Hideyoshi, Swegde, and Pollux from your inventory) you can train as many copies of as you would be willing to fit into teamslots. I wouldn't retain as many for special seal cards (Chessia's series onwards) as you have.

Desrt is right. Your inventory isn't bad you just need to learn how to put your cards together and train them up more.
[Image: hDTtKNv.png]
LF: Love and condo buyers. JK.
|Skill Training Guide For Newbies|
You dont need to play 5 team members if you have Rakshasa. Heck just play VR Athena , rakshasa and Furi. You have so many good Earth cards! Farm high team cost , farm exp for your cards and work towards adding that VR Shu and maybe another tech earth card depending on stage. You should already be prioritizing Arena Legend rank for that free weekly harpy.
ID: 54962818

looking for top players in leaderboards so i can copy your team.
no black cards plz

Forum United 3 recruiting